Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving







This year for Thanksgiving, I decided since my parents and grandparents have cooked the meal my entire life it was my turn. After much planning and note taking I was ready! I found a great recipe for a turkey, I shopped, spend hours in the kitchen making pies, and at last the big day came. I got up at the ungodly hour of 6:00am, got the bird all ready and put it in the oven, and fell back asleep. What a morning. Then the fun came. My bird, the one that was suppost to take 7 hours to cook was done by 11:00. Which would of been great but we were not going to eat until 2:30. Great! Now what do I do? So I turned down the heat, and prayed! It worked! The bird was great! I took it out of the oven at 1:00 which worked out perfectly because then I could cook green bean casserole and bacon wrapped green beans in there. We had so much food I am still full. Our menu consisted of; turkey, stuffing (Which Gma brought because she would not take no for an answer.) mashed potatoes and gravy (That I did cheat on and enlist the help of Dad) candied yams, green bean casserole, bacon wrapped green beans, cinnamon applesauce, rolls (Which Audra made and were fantastic by the way!) green salad with homemade feta cheese (again Audra) a broken glass jello salad which was a recipe from my Great Grandma Vetter, and I am sure there was more but just thinking of it is making me hungry! I am quite pleased with how my first Thanksgiving turned out and if all that food was not enough we had cheesecake, pumpkin pie, blackberry pie, and a apple cranberry ginger pie. So if you get hungry in the next couple of days just drop by!

No comments: