Friday, April 10, 2009

Goodbye Shed!



Since we have moved into our house I have wanted to tear down the older shed on the back of the property. Since we were in the process of building a chicken coop and could use the wood we spent the better half of one day stripping it of everything useful. Will decided to finish it out.



And there it goes!



The back third of the yard is going to be the garden this year. We removed the fence that bordered the grass area and are going to move that back to keep the dogs out of all the plants. I am excited about all that we are doing. I wish we would of taken more pictures of how it was when we moved in. We are going to plant blackberries and raspberries and blueberries along the back fence and then on the right I am going to have the herbs and strawberries with artichokes and asparagus. On the left we are planting trees including peach, apple, pear, nectarine, and apricot. I am going to grow tomatoes and peppers and onions for salsa and corn, beans, potatoes, sweet potatoes, peas, radishes and carrots, green and red peppers, and lettuce. I also got an almond tree to grow in the front yard. Once we get our chickens and rabbits going we will be pretty self sufficient. If I could fit a cow in I would!









On a side note our animals have grown a lot! Savage and Remington are almost as tall as me on their back legs. They are also turning brown. Rella is also bigger, but still really gentle and great with the kids.

No comments: