Friday, April 10, 2009

Cakes in the making





I finally decided to get started on my dream of going into the business of cake decorating. I am now taking a Wilton decorating class once a week with Valerie. It has been so much fun and I have learned things that has made a lot more sense then the ways I have always attempted things. This is the first cake I have made for the class and I am really pleased with the way it turned out. I have never made butter cream icing from scratch so that has been a challenge but I am figuring it out! I am really glad that I am doing it and I will try to keep more pics coming! and if anyone needs a cake let me know, I don't know how we are going to eat all of these cakes I am making for class!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Cassie. You don't know me, but I was friends with Will in High school. I thought I'd introduce myself since it seems you do most of the posting on your family blog and you have no idea who I am.
I really enjoy your blog. I just read your aspirations for your garden and I am amazed!! You'll have to take pictures when it is all beautiful and growing.
I also think your Easter cake is great. Good luck with the class and fulfilling your dream.

Kristi said...

oops, forgot to tell you something. Your kidos are adorable!