Monday, June 1, 2009

Cake update

It has been a while since I have posted any of my cake stuff so I thought I would do it now. Val and I completed course 1 in April and just completed course 2 this week. We will be starting with course 3 in July learning fondant. It has been a blast and we are loving putting our skills to the test so if you need a cake let us know.


These were the roses I put together for course 1.
During course 2 we learned to make flowers out of royal icing which hardens. We then made a cake in the final class that we decorated with the basket weave pattern and the flowers we had made.





The white holders are my flower formers. You put them on as soon as you make them so they can dry in a more realistic form instead of flat.





There is a link on my blog to Vals and she has her cakes on display too so check them out!

No comments: