Tuesday, December 29, 2009

My Christmas Project

This Christmas I decided to try and be crafty and made "church friendly" potato heads that I had found on a blog. I loved them cause they were made of felt and quiet enough for the kids to play with while in Sacrament. I made one for Jake and then some for my nieces and nephews. There is also a pocket on the back that you can store the pieces inside.



I was a little worried though that they might not be age appropriate for Emilee since she is kinda past the potato head age. She will play with them but I wanted to do something different for her.
So I made a pattern and made her some felt dolls with clothes. I loved paper dolls when I was little and thought this would be a little more durable.







and it wouldn't be complete without a bronco outfit!



The nice thing is it will be easy to add clothes. I am planning on making some more for her birthday next month. Both kids loved them and I was able to get the fabric at a great price with Joannes coupons. They turned out super cute!

I also still have the patterns if anyone is interested in making some, just let me know.

1 comment:

Val said...

Soo cute! Ruby absolutely loves her potatohead.